Instructor Course Philippines
Do you enjoy meeting and working with people and cultures from all over the world; to travel the globe; to challenge yourself? You have found your next full time adventure...
Make your living by the sea, spend your time in the water. Live life aquatic in paradise.
To become a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor is one big achievement. It is the worlds most innovative, and broadest professional dive education offered. And gives you uncountable opportunities afterwards, working as a PADI Instructor around the whole world.
The PADI Instructor Development course (IDC) run over a couple of weeks – and finishes with the two day Instructor Examination (IE).
Our diving instructor courses in Dauin sets the newest standards for training dive professionals. In homey and green surroundings, close to some of the best dive sites in the Philippines.
Becoming a PADI Dive Instructor certainly changes your life. Teaching people from all over the world. Spending time in the places we love the most. Experiencing some of the most phenomenal creatures first hand. While teaching people our passion. This is the reward, paid off by dedication and hard work for the worlds best dive Instructors.
Instructor Development Course
PADI’s Instructor Development Course (IDC) is the foundations of our Instructor training. Through out the IDC you will learn how to apply PADI’s materials. Both in class room and in our pool and the in the ocean.
IDC e-Learning Options
Complete the independent Study through e-Learning or participate the AI course where can include the live sessions. Get you first PADI Instructor session Online, easy from home anywhere. Extra dive theory classes is also available this way. To make you even more prepared for your new dive career.
Assistant Instructor Course (AI)
Then first part of the PADI Instructor course is the PADI Assistant Instructor. Through class room sessions, knowledge development and practical assessments in the water.
As a PADI AI, you’ll be able to assist Open Water Scuba Instructors in the classroom sessions, teach a few specialties and conduct seal team missions. However the Assistant instructor course is sone of the many steps on the way to become a PADI Instructor.
Open Water Scuba Instructor Course (OWSI)
The rest of the IDC, the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor program, is the final step in your quest to become a PADI Instructor. During the IDC you learn to manage and adapt the PADI system of diver education to individual student needs. As a PADI OWSI, you can conduct the entire range of PADI programs. From from Discover Scuba Diving to the first professional rating as Divemaster.
Your PADI OWSI sets you apart from the crowd and gives you a world of opportunities. Now it is only up to you, to live the dream to the fullest.
Instructor Examination (IE)
After the IDC program. Each candidate will have to attend and successfully complete the Instructor Examination. This is usually a few days after succesfully completed the IDC. And is the culmination and celebration for all your hard work.
The Examination is two days where each candidate gets evaluated on their dive theory, PADI Standards and their skills to deliver outstanding teaching presentations in the classroom. You will also be tested on your skill demonstration and confined and open water settings.
Instructor Course Requirements
A PADI Divemaster who has been certified as an Open Water diver more than 6 month.
You also need:
- A minimum of 60 logged dives to begin the IDC, and at least 100 logged dives before joining the Instructor Examination (IE).
- Emergency First Responder, Primary and Secondary Care, (CPR and First Aid training within the past 24 months.)
- A medical statement signed by a doctor (within the past 12 month)
- You will also need to become an Emergency First Response Instructor, which is already a part of your Instructor development course.
Our two weeks program will teach you how to conduct all PADI core courses. You will be able to organise and present most important information as well as conduct dive skill development sessions and open water training.
You will become a better speaker in public, develop great underwater demonstration skills and learn how to supervise and control student divers whilst ensuring the divers safety.
We will teach you how to anticipate and solve common problems, that often occur when training divers, as well as correct positioning yourself so you are always close to respond.
Our PADI Instructor Development Course will give you plenty of practice and experience, in a role playing environment.
Key subjects include:
- PADI Standards and Procedures for all PADI courses you will be certified to teach including PADI Specialties.
- Instruction, Learning, and the broad PADI System
- Teaching knowledge development sessions in the classroom.
- Conducting Confined water training. And Open Water training dives in the sea.
- Diver Safety, Risk Management & Legal Responsibilities.
- The general Business of Diving and your role as an instructor.
- Instructor level dive theory: Physiology, Physics, Decompression theory, environments and scuba equipment.
- Ascent in confined and open water
- Ascents & Descents (in Open Water)
- Ascents & Descent Lines – how to set up at an open water dive site.
- Adventures in Diving – Search & Recovery, Liftbags & Knots.
- CESA – How to do the Controlled Emergency Swimming
- Rescue Diver – exercise 7.
- PADI Instructor Development course
- Emergency First Response Instructor Course
- Free Preparation Course – 2 days duration
- Lunch throughout the duration of the PADI IDC
- Coffee/tea and water through out the course.
- Free T-Shirt
Dive equipment – It’s highly recommended that as a PADI Pro you have your own full set of gear. If you would like to purchase equipment when you are here we can offer you attractive discounts on all major brands available in the Philippines. If you do not not own a full set of scuba equipment, or for travel reasons don’t wish to bring your gear, we can provide a, BCD, Regulator, Mask/Snorkel & wetsuit for you.
Additionally, you will however need to provide the following for the IDC, the IE and any teaching work you are involved in once you become a certified PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
- Dive Computer
- Knife or cutting tool
- Surface Market Buoy (SMB or DSMB)
If you need to rent equipment (for example if you are traveling, and will purchase gear later on) we offer to rent you a complete set, including computer, knife etc. for $100 for the whole of the prep days, IDC and IE.
Everyone taking their PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor needs to have their own PADI Materials. PADI has sensible environmental practises, and in 2023 most of your materials will be digital. The cost of your materials are already included in the package price of 99.000
- PADI Backpack
- PADI Guide to Teaching
- Diving Knowledge Workbook
- PADI most current, Quizzes & Exam Booklets (Open Water, Rescue Diver, Divemaster)
- PADI Specialty Course Instructor Manual (CD-Rom)
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Instructor Outline
- PADI Open Water course Prescriptive Lesson Guides (CD-Rom)
- Dive Lesson Planning Slates [Confined and Open Water)
- Cue cards for, Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Rescue Diver & Divemaster course Instructor
- Emergency First Response Instructor Manual
In addition you’ll also need a current copy of the PADI Instructor Manual, however these are available for free through your PADI pro’s site.
We are placed in the heart of the Philippines, with some of the best diving offered nationwide. We are close to the Airport of Dumaguete. Yet placed in the cosy and charming village of Dauin, away from the masses of tourism.
Divers by heart
Foundations are passion to the Ocean and to do what you love to do everyday. Diving into the blue experiencing exciting encounters on your everyday job makes your life change.
Vision and Mission
A dive school and an environmental non-profit working together to teach you the best in scuba diving. Benefit from learning from different instructors and mentors and become a more rounded PADI instructor.
Through our passion and hard work. We believe in a better and stronger world, where the dive industry should be the biggest ambassadors for the Ocean. We can all help make a change, and it begins right here!
We offer quality teaching with skilled and experienced PADI dive instructors. It’s our top priority to make you a safe diver and we believe that quality diving education needs to take time.